Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company. We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for their customers through next-generation technology. We combine cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues to organizers, to street teams, to event attendees, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events.
We’ve experienced hyper-growth over the last year and are looking for others with a growth mindset to join our evolving team. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity, and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest-growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- A unique and fun place to work – flexible hours and vacation policy, in-house chef, fully-stocked snack bar, fitness, and cell phone allowances, dog-friendly office with free parking
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Company social and team-building events
- A benefits package with a focus on health and wellness
- Creating and maintaining APIs with our development team
- Demonstrable expert-level Python development experience on major consumer or enterprise products (3-5 years)
- Expertise in Django and Django REST framework, FastAPI, Flask, or other Python application frameworks
- Proficiency using database frameworks such as Django ORM or SQLAlchemy, working with both relational and NoSQL database systems including MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, ClickHouse
- Be the Showpass technical point of contact for suppliers and booking platforms
- Map (connect) Showpass’ products to their counterparts on the supplier's side
- Coordinate communication between Showpass internal teams and external suppliers and booking platforms
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of suppliers' systems, processes and supported features
- Manage technical projects involving internal and external stakeholders
- Identify potential improvements to our tooling, and spot ways to increase internal efficiency
- Train peers in our operational teams to connect products by themselves
- Help build and roll out a strategy to acquire affiliate and marketing partners
- Successfully onboard contracted partners
- Identify and acquire partners to optimize and manage high-volume and strategic partners
- Develop strategies, execute partner success plans and report on key metrics to ensure retention
- Provide commercial advice on performance optimization
- Recommend process and implementation improvements
- Negotiating and reviewing commercial agreements with partners
- Exceed sales and revenue targets by effectively managing quarterly goals
The ideal candidate will have:
- An entrepreneurial drive with a passion for technology
- The desire to work in a challenging environment - you love to hustle and will thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Great communication and people skills, you can effectively communicate and translate requirements into well-designed technical solutions
- Strong sense of responsibility
- An organized way of working
- Experience working directly with business partners
- Willingness to extend your technical knowledge
- Education in an analytical domain (computer science or related)
- Scale-up mindset
- Experience in affiliate marketing (marketing partnerships) with a proven track record
- Experience working effectively with external partners
- Strong focus on results and achieving targets
- Experienced in a day-to-day trading environment with fast-paced decision-making and actions
- Strong negotiation, analytical skills and data-driven
- Historical experience with API development and third-party integrations
Showpass is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Stay up-to-date with job postings, events, and highlights with the Showpass Careers Newsletter by signing up here!