Showpass is a ticketing and event management software company. We empower venue and event organizers to create a rich, connected experience for their customers through next-generation technology. We combine cutting-edge software and hardware for seamless on- and offline sales, while delivering event management tools on the same integrated platform.
But what makes us different?
Showpass offers a unique platform for collaboration between the key groups that power events. From venues to organizers, to street teams, to event attendees, we are focused on bringing people together through the magic of live events. We also happen to be powered by a very talented team fostering innovation, creativity, and disruption. These pillars support the Showpass culture which is built on a love for events, and all things food. That’s what makes us the fastest-growing Canadian ticketing company.
THE LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta
- A unique and fun place to work – flexible hours and vacation policy, in-house chef, fully-stocked snack bar, fitness, and cell phone allowances, dog-friendly office with free parking
- Hybrid Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation
- A benefits package with a focus on health and wellness
- Plan and implement new features to help build on the services Showpass provides
- Work with team members to create maintainable, reusable components
- Review and test code to ensure code quality
- Write and maintain unit tests
- Identify and resolve design/UI/UX problems or inconsistencies
- Interact with product managers and designers to bring new features to life
- Resolve field escalations, and debug issues
- Keep up to date with the latest changes in the industry’s standards
- Take a user-centered design and development approach
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in a Computer/Engineering/Media/Design/Marketing related field
- Minimum 2 years web development experience required
- Experience building reusable components and utilizing web services
- Strong problem solving, testing and debugging skills
- Analytical thinker with the ability to problem solve in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
- Must be passionate about all things UI/UX and other areas of development and innovation
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Exude confidence when collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders to regularly deliver design solutions for approval
- Be willing to learn from and share knowledge and experience with the rest of the team
- Ability to champion new ideas and develop creative approaches
- Must have the hustle and drive to take initiative and make things happen!
- Experience working with the following technologies (or similar) would be an asset: Vue.js, Python, Django, Swift
- Experience creating prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc. is an asset
Deadline to Apply: August 19th 2022